SINGLETON (Great and Little), a township-chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, 2½ miles SE of Poulton r. station. It has a post-office, of the name of Great S., under Preston. Acres, 2,860; of which 225 are water. Real property, £4,192. Pop., 338. Houses, 57. S. Lodge and Grange Hall are chief residences. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £110. Patron, T. Miller, Esq. The church was built in 1861; and has a tower with lofty spire. There is a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- St Anne, Church Road, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Singleton area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Blackpool & Fylde.
You can see pictures of Singleton which are provided by:gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Singleton to another place. Kirkham. maps of Singleton and places within its boundaries.
A modern map showing Singleton in relation to other places in the Fylde.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD381382 (Lat/Lon: 53.836349, -2.942129), Singleton which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.