SINGLETON (Great and Little), a township-chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, 2½ miles SE of Poulton r. station. It has a post-office, of the name of Great S., under Preston. Acres, 2,860; of which 225 are water. Real property, £4,192. Pop., 338. Houses, 57. S. Lodge and Grange Hall are chief residences. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £110. Patron, T. Miller, Esq. The church was built in 1861; and has a tower with lofty spire. There is a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)