SLYNE-WITH-HEST, a township in Bolton-le-Sands parish, Lancashire; on the Lancaster and Carlisle railway, 2½ miles NNW of Lancaster. It has post-offices, of the names of Slyne and Hest-Bank, under Lancaster. Acres, 1,114. Real property, £2,737. Pop., 312 Houses, 58. The manor belongs to T. Greene, Esq.; and S. House is the residence of R. G. Bradley, Esq.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)