Slyne with Hest
SLYNE-WITH-HEST, a township in Bolton-le-Sands parish, Lancashire; on the Lancaster and Carlisle railway, 2½ miles NNW of Lancaster. It has post-offices, of the names of Slyne and Hest-Bank, under Lancaster. Acres, 1,114. Real property, £2,737. Pop., 312 Houses, 58. The manor belongs to T. Greene, Esq.; and S. House is the residence of R. G. Bradley, Esq.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Bottomdale Road, Cemetery
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Slyne area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. Slyne with Hest and the surrounding area.
You can see pictures of Slyne which are provided by:gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Slyne with Hest to another place. Bolton le Sands. maps of Lytham and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD471656 (Lat/Lon: 54.083589, -2.810140), Slyne which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.