STALMINE, a township, a chapelry, and a sub-district, in Garstang district, Lancashire. The township lies 4 miles NNE of Poulton-le-Fylde r. station; and bears the name of Stalmine-with-Stainall. Acres, 2,138. Real property, £3,421. Pop., 471. Houses, 95. The manor, with S. Hall, belongs to Bourne, Esq. The chapelry includes also Preesall-with-Hackinsall township, and is in Lancaster parish. Post town, Fleetwood, under Preston. Acres, 5,998. Pop., 1,283. Houses, 275. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £340. Patron, the Vicar of Lancaster. The church was rebuilt in 1806. The sub-district contains also Pilling township and Hambleton chapelry. Acres, 15,618. Pop., 3,037. Houses, 597.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)