We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Blandford St formerly Portland St Presbyterian, Stalybridge

Presbyterian church,
Blandford St formerly Portland St,
Stalybridge
Lancashire

Cemeteries

The church does not have a graveyard.

Church History

It was founded in 1869. It is now closed and has been demolished, but we do not know the date of closure.

The Presbyterian church was influenced by Calvinism which rejected bishops and believed that the church should be governed by a hierarchy of general assembly, synod, presbytery and kirk sessions attened by ministers and elders of equal rank. Presbyterianism flourished in the 17th and early 18th centuries but in the later 18th century many Presbyterian churches adopted Unitarianism.

In 1972 the Presbyterian Church of England merged with the Congregational Church to form the United Reformed Church.

This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches etc. themselves.

Church Records

Maps

The church is located at OS grid reference SJ9636598688 (Lat/Lon 53.484887,-2.056254). You can see this on maps provided by: