TATHAM-FELL, a chapelry, with Lowgill village, in Tatham parish, Lancashire; 2½ miles S by W of High Bentham r. station, and 5 ESE of Hornby. Post town, Wray, under Lancaster. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £125. Patron, the Rector of Tatham. The church was built in 1745. There is a parochial school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- The Good Shepherd, ., Tatham Fell, Church of England
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Tatham Fells area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
The registers of the parish church, The Good Shepherd, have been published by the Lancashire Parish Register Society as follows.
- Volume 78 - Mar 1746-1754, Bap & Bur 1745-1837.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD672638 (Lat/Lon: 54.069088, -2.502707), Tatham Fells which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.