Upper Rawcliffe with Tarnacre
RAWCLIFFE (Upper)-WITH-TARNACRE, a town-ship, with a village, in St. Michael-on-Wyre parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, 3¾ miles S W of Garstang. Acres, 3,743. Real property, £5,233. Pop., 682. Houses, 117. The property is divided chiefly among five. The manor belongs to the Earl of Derby. The parish church and a national school are here.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Upper Rawcliffe area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Upper Rawcliffe to another place. StMichaels. maps of Upper Rawcliffe and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD439419 (Lat/Lon: 53.870261, -2.854680), Upper Rawcliffe which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.