Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Click on map to view parish boundaries in detail.
URMSTON, a township, with a village, in Flixton parish, Lancashire; on the river Mersey, 5½ miles WSW of Manchester. Acres, 974. Real property, £4,511. Pop., 748. Houses, 158. The manor belongs to G. J. N. Ridehalgh, Esq. There is a Wesleyan chapel. John Collier, or "Tim Bobbin," was a native.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
Urmston Cemetery located on Queens Road, Urmston opened on 14th November 1892.
- Primrose Avenue, Baptist
- Flixton Rd, Congregational
- St Clement, Stretford Road, Church of England
- Higher Road, Independent Methodist
- Higher Road, Primitive Methodist
- George Street, Wesleyan Methodist
- Higher Road, Wesleyan Methodist
- Victoria, Church Road, Gospel Hall
- Kingdom Hall, Higher Road, Jehovah's Witness
- Queen's Road, Unitarian
- The English Martyrs, Roseneath Road , Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Urmston area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
The Register Office covering the Urmston area is Trafford.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Urmston which are provided by:
In 1835 Urmston was a township in the parish of Flixton.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ766948 (Lat/Lon: 53.449429, -2.353819), Urmston which are provided by: