URMSTON, a township, with a village, in Flixton parish, Lancashire; on the river Mersey, 5½ miles WSW of Manchester. Acres, 974. Real property, £4,511. Pop., 748. Houses, 158. The manor belongs to G. J. N. Ridehalgh, Esq. There is a Wesleyan chapel. John Collier, or "Tim Bobbin," was a native.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Primrose Avenue, Baptist
- Flixton Rd, Congregational
- St Clement, Stretford Road, Church of England
- Higher Road, Independent Methodist
- Higher Road, Primitive Methodist
- George Street, Wesleyan Methodist
- Higher Road, Wesleyan Methodist
- Victoria, Church Road, Gospel Hall
- Kingdom Hall, Higher Road, Jehovah's Witness
- Queen's Road, Unitarian
- The English Martyrs, Roseneath Road , Roman Catholic
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Urmston area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Trafford. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Urmston to another place. Flixton. Urmston in the 19th century. maps of Urmston and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ766948 (Lat/Lon: 53.449429, -2.353819), Urmston which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.