URMSTON, a township, with a village, in Flixton parish, Lancashire; on the river Mersey, 5½ miles WSW of Manchester. Acres, 974. Real property, £4,511. Pop., 748. Houses, 158. The manor belongs to G. J. N. Ridehalgh, Esq. There is a Wesleyan chapel. John Collier, or "Tim Bobbin," was a native.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Primrose Avenue, Baptist
- St Clement, Stretford Road, Church of England
- Flixton Rd, Congregational
- Victoria, Church Road, Gospel Hall
- Higher Road, Independent Methodist
- Kingdom Hall, Higher Road, Jehovah's Witness
- Higher Road, Primitive Methodist
- The English Martyrs, Roseneath Road, Roman Catholic
- Queen's Road, Unitarian
- George Street, Wesleyan Methodist
- Higher Road, Wesleyan Methodist
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Urmston area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
If you keep this page loaded for a very long time and the database is updated since loading it, the church links above may become stale and may display the wrong church. If this happens, reloading this page will correct them.Trafford. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Urmston to another place. Flixton. Urmston in the 19th century. maps of Urmston and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ766948 (Lat/Lon: 53.449429, -2.353819), Urmston which are provided by:
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851
- Elgin Road Works
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview