Like many burial grounds used by the Religious Society of Friends, Sunbrick is a small and bleak walled enclosure, reached through a simple archway. In accordance with early Quaker custom, there are no headstones, and very few obvious clues as to the significance of this particular site on Birkrigg Common, other than a metal plaque in the gateway and one worn inscription.
There are no surviving registers or other records which relate exclusively to Sunbrick. However, a list of 227 people interred there between 1654-1767 was published in the Cumberland & Westmorland Antiquarian and Archaeological Society's volume of transactions for 1906. Most of these persons would have been associated with the Quaker meeting house two or three miles away at Swarthmoor.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.