Burial ground, Sunbrick - Society of Friends
There are no surviving registers or other records which relate exclusively to Sunbrick. However, a list of 227 people interred there between 1654-1767 was published in the Cumberland & Westmorland Antiquarian and Archaeological Society's volume of transactions for 1906. Most of these persons would have been associated with the Quaker meeting house two or three miles away at Swarthmoor.
- this church marked on a Google map. (Use this to report a corrected location)
- Google Streetview (Drag pegman to centre of map to show picture)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Vision of Britain
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Google maps showing nearby churches with satellite image option.
This site provides historical information about churches, other places of worship and cemeteries. It has no connection with the churches themselves.
Help requiredThe information provided has been obtained from a number of sources and although every effort is made to avoid errors, just a few may be present. So if there are any please let us know. [Use the link at the bottom of this page].
If you have any further information about the church that you think would be useful to other researchers then do get in touch.