WENNINGTON, a township in Melling parish, Lancashire; on the Lancaster and Settle railway, at the junction of the new line to Furness, 6 miles S by E of Kirkby-Lonsdale. It has a r station with telegraph. Acres, 830. Real property, £1,300. Pop., 180. Houses, 33. W. Hall is the seat of W. A. F. Saunders, Esq.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Wennington area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Wennington to another place. Melling. maps of Wennington and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD616700 (Lat/Lon: 54.124421, -2.589065), Wennington which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.