WHITECHAPEL, a chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; 5 miles SSE of Garstang r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post town is Preston. Pop., 646. Houses, 129. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £156. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is tolerable.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)