WINSTANLEY, a township in Wigan parish, Lancashire; 3¼ miles SW by W of Wigan. Acres, 1,853. Real property, £6,913; of which £3,600 are in mines. Pop., 633. Houses, 123. The manor, with W. Hall, belongs to M. Bankes, Esq.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Winstanley area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Wigan and Leigh. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Winstanley to another place. Wigan. maps of Winstanley and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD555030 (Lat/Lon: 53.521767, -2.672680), Winstanley which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.