WISWALL, or Wiswell, a township, with a village, in Whalley parish, Lancashire; 3 miles S of Clitheroe. Acres, 1,410. Real property, £2,597. Pop. in 1851, 747; in 1861, 465. Houses, 100. The decrease of pop. was caused by discontinuance of employment in print works. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
- Jollies Memorial, Whalley Rd, Barrow, Congregational
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Wiswell area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Ribble Valley. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Wiswell to another place. Whalley. maps of Wiswell and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD745374 (Lat/Lon: 53.832227, -2.388946), Wiswell which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works (Zoom in via this one to see house numbers)
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.