WORSTHORNE, a township and a chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire. The township lies 2 miles E of Burnley r. station, and bears the name of W.-with-Hurst-Wood. Acres, 2,800. Real property, £2,054; of which £235 are in quarries. Pop., 865. Houses, 169. The chapelry was constituted in 1842; and its Post town is Burnley. Pop., 1,015. Houses, 200. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £120. Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church is good.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)