YEALAND-CONYERS, a township and a chapelry in Warton parish, Lancashire. The township lies 1½ mile SSW of Burton and Holme r. station, and 2½ N by E of Carnforth; and has a post-office under Lancaster-Acres, 1,577. Real property, £2,655. Pop., 272. Houses, 50. Leighton Hall, Prospect house , and Morecambe Lodge are chief residences. The chapelry includes Y.-Redmayne, and comprises 3,676 acres. Pop., 481. Houses, 90. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value £255.* Patrons, Hyndman's Trustees. The church is good; and there are chapels for Quakers and Roman Catholics, and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Yealand Conyers area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.Lancaster. gazetteer for a calculation of the distance from Yealand Conyers to another place. Warton. maps of and places within its boundaries.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD503745 (Lat/Lon: 54.163891, -2.762697), Yealand Conyers which are provided by:
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- Elgin Road Works
- Mario (Lancashire Council maps, less than historic county)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.