YEALAND-CONYERS, a township and a chapelry in Warton parish, Lancashire. The township lies 1½ mile SSW of Burton and Holme r. station, and 2½ N by E of Carnforth; and has a post-office under Lancaster-Acres, 1,577. Real property, £2,655. Pop., 272. Houses, 50. Leighton Hall, Prospect house , and Morecambe Lodge are chief residences. The chapelry includes Y.-Redmayne, and comprises 3,676 acres. Pop., 481. Houses, 90. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value £255.* Patrons, Hyndman's Trustees. The church is good; and there are chapels for Quakers and Roman Catholics, and a national school.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)