Lancashire Parish Register Society
Lancashire Parishes for the Genealogist
Lancashire Parishes for the Genealogist is aimed at anybody who has ancestors in the County Palatine and has been well received by members. In a loose-leaf binder, its contents are periodically updated and sent to members.
- Registers published by the Society.
- Registers published by organisations other than the Society.
- Unpublished transcripts held by the Society.
- Parish Registers, no part of which has been published.
- Bishop's Transcripts - A Review.
- List of Lancashire Church of England Parishes and Registers extant before 1837.
- List of Lancashire Non Conformist Registers.
- Maps of Lancashire Hundreds.
- List of Contiguous Parishes.
- Useful Genealogical Sources.
- Various Genealogical Aids.
- Parish Registers as a Tool.
- Information on the Society.
- A searchable DVD containing all forenames/surnames held electronically by the Society containing over 750,000 items. Using the DVD, named individuals can be located in particular registers by page number, indicating whether the reference is to a christening, marriage or burial. A most versatile and useful tool.
Price: £20.00 to members; £25.00 to non-members post free (second class or surface mail if being sent abroad).
All the publications listed here (subject to availability) are available from:
Mr Malcolm Parr,
Lancashire Parish Register Society,
27 Hendon Street,
Telephone: 01942 673685
Payment must be made by cheque, drawn on a british bank, and made payable to LPRS.
You may also order them online and pay by credit card at
GENfair or at
The Parish Chest [VAT not charged at this
(Prices may vary).
[Last updated Saturday, 19-Jul-2014 14:52:12 BST - Phil Stringer]