Description in 1877:
"ALLEXTON, or Alexton, is a small village and parish in Billesdon Union and Uppingham County Court District, and is situated at the south-east extremity of East Goscote Hundred, on the west side of the small river Eye which separates it from Rutlandshire. It is 3 1/2 miles W. of Uppingham, and 16 E. by S. of Leicester, and contains only 60 inhabitants, and an area of 1000 acres of land, chiefly clay, and the surface generally hilly, but in some places flat."
White's "History, Gazetteer and Directory of the Counties of Leicester and Rutland. 3rd Edition," 1877