Description in 1877:
"Blaston, a small village and civil parish, is in Gartree Hundred, Uppingham Union and County Court District; it is situated in a pleasant valley, 2 miles S.E. of Hallaton, 5 miles S.W. of Uppingham, and 8 miles N.E. of Market Harborough. For civil purposes Blaston St. Giles and Blaston St. Michael form one parish, which had 82 inhabitants in 1871, living in 20 houses, on 1267 acres. For ecclesiastical purposes Blaston St. Michael, which contained 26 persons in 1871, is a chapelry, belonging to the parish of Hallaton."
WHITE's History, Gazetteer and Directory of the Counties of Leicester and Rutland. 3rd Edition 1877