Description in 1830:
"Eastwell is in the Hundred of Framland, 6 miles north by East from Melton; contains 1,291 acres, 109 inhabitants and 24 acres. The sole proprietor is the duke of Rutland, who has a seat called Eastwell hall. Lord Huntingtower is lord of the manor. The king is patron of the rectory, which has a glebe of 36 acres. The rector receives 85 pounds yearly in lieu of tithes." >[Curtis's "History of Leicestershire," 1830]
STANLEY, D and STANLEY, M. (1977) "Eastwell Leicestershire". Privately Published.
FAHY, N. M. and STANLEY, D. H. (1998) "Submission for The Miss Linford Award 1998. Manor Farm Site Eastwell, Leicestershire. Investigations of Suspected Medieval Manor". Eastwell Manor Farm Research Group 1997-98.
FARNHAM, G. (c 1920) "Medieval Parish Notes". Pages 179-190.
NICHOLS, John. (c 1790) "History of Leicestershire". Pages 166-171.
There are two cemeteries in Eastwell, the Church of England churchyard on the main road and the former Roman Catholic Church in Stanleys Lane (now private property). Note that "Some ancient gravestones were removed from the south side of the Churchyard, to the lower boundary wall during the last [i.e. 19th] century, to enable a notable hunting parson, Edward Bullen, to mow more hay for his horse." 
The Leicestershire & Rutland Family History Society have indexed the 1851 Census for Leicestershire. The whole index is available on microfiche. The society has also published it in print and Volume 25 (Clawson Sub-District) includes Eastwell.
The table below gives census piece numbers, where known:
The Anglican parish church is dedicated to Saint Michael and All Angels.
The parish church in its early days had associations with Croxton Abbey and we know that in 1209 Robert de Arraby gave the church to the abbey and convent of Leicester. The outstanding feature is the stone screen between the chancel and the nave and it has been suggested that the church consisted of only the chancel initially.
The Eyre family (see Manors) remained Catholic through the civil war and aftermath and "appeared to have had a certain religious influence in the village for as late as 1780 Eastwell had the largest population of Catholics in the county apart from Leicester itself."
A Catholic Chapel was built in 1798 after the one at the Hall was destroyed when sold to the Duke of Rutland. The Chapel was licenced for marriages [Whites Directory 1863] and seems to have been financially supported by the Exton family. The 1891 census does not show a resident priest and Wrights Directory of 1888 records "R.C. Church service occasionally conducted by a Priest from Nottingham."
"Leicestershire Parish Registers", Vol. VI (1911) edited by W.P.W. Phillimore and Thomas Randall. These volumes contain marriage records extracted from Parish Registers including Eastwell 1588-1837 on pages 73 to 80 of this volume.
Monumental inscriptions. Eastwell Parish Church. Transcribed by the Eastwell Family History Society. L 929.5 Eas SRI
Monumental inscriptions, 11 cards. In set of drawers. Womens Institute survey?
Baptisms, marriages, burials. 1585 to 1692. DE 1240/1
Transcript of DE 1240/1 above. DE 1240/2
Baptism, burials, marriages. 1719 to 1812. DE 1240/3
Baptism, burials, marriages. 1722 to 1749. DE 1240/3 (two fiche)
Marriages, banns. 1754 to 1827. DE 1240/4
Marriages. 1815 to 1827. DE 1240/5
Register of Services 1924 to 1938. DE 1240/6
Register of Services 1938 to 1957. DE 1240/7
Churchwardens Account Book. 1776 to 1896. DE 1240/8
School Managers Minute Book. 1910 to 1946. E/M3/B/97/1
Induction of George David Faithfull 5 June 1812. DE/2214/1
Induction of Edward Bullen. 3 December 1830. DE/2214/2
Certificate of redemption of tithe rent charge in Eastwell. 12 June 1922. DE/2214/3
Three marriage licences. (1) Smith/Goodson 12/Feb/1855 (2) Swain/Goodson 21/Feb/1857 (3) Flint/Holmes 29/Oct/1822. DE/2214/4
Faculty for memorial tablet for Lieut. Hugh Guy. 30 May 1946. DE/2214/5
Faculty for mural tablet in memory of Percy Gore Graham (Rector 1924-1942). 1 July 1958. DE/2214/6
Form of faculty on unopposed proceedings. 20 July 1970. DE/2214/7
Certificate of exoneration from Land Tax for Eastwell Rectory. 10 June 1807. DE/2214/8
Fire insurance policy of the Rectory House, Eastwell. 7 September 1854. DE/2214/9
Schedule of registers and communion plate. 26 June 1901. DE/2214/10
Terrier. Eastwell. 1934. DE 2309
Constable account book. 1776 to 1863. DE 2335
Poor rate book. August 1900 to February 1902. DE/2369/1
Poor rate book. November 1921 to May 1934. DE/2369/2
Register of Services. 1957 to 1971. DE/2483/1
Marriage licences. 1935, 1945, 1953. DE/2483/2/1-3
Vestry minute book. 1912 to 1973. DE/2483/3
Register of marriages. December 1838 to July 1990. DE 4051
LDS film 496698 is the above Phillimore/Randall volume.
LDS film 592704 is the Bishops Transcripts for 1593 to 1846 of births, deaths and marriages.
There were effectively only three lords of the manor of Eastwell from 1275 to 1921. There were two manors until 1653, of one little is known but it was owned by a Mr Blith when sold in 1631 to Rowland Eyre.
Lord Brabazon established his seat in Eastwell around 1275 and the current Manor Farm sits on the original site. The Brabazons sold the estate in 1653 to Rowland Eyre (thus uniting the two manors) and he built the present Eastwell Hall in 1630.
The last Eyre died in France in 1792 and the Estate was bought by the Duke of Rutland a few years later, thus becoming part of his Belvoir Estate. Death duties lead to Eastwell being sold in 1921, primarily to the then tenants.
Alan MURRAY-RUST has a photograph of the Hall on Geo-graph, taken in October, 2016.
The village hall originally been given by the Belvoir estate in memory of the fallen of the Great War. Most of the timber structure has been previously demolished. What remains is the kitchen block. May 2012 update: Melton Borough Council have given permission for the hall to be demolished and a new, larger hall erected.
There is a rectangular stone tablet set into the wall near north porch doorway. Incised lettering and family shield. Dedicated to Lieutenant Hugh Guy, Leics Regt., KIA in September, 1944.