Description in 1871:
"SIBSON, or Sibstone, a parish, with two townships and two hamlets, in Market-Bosworth district, Leicester, 4 miles NE of Atherstone r. station. Post town, Atherstone. Acres, 3,817. Real property, £6,056. Pop., 480. Houses, 98. The property is divided among a few. A Roman settlement was at Wellesborough. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £1,150. Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is ancient but good. There is a national school."
John Marius WILSON's "Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales," 1870-1872