Description in 1871:
"STONTON-WYVILLE, a parish in Market-Harborough district, Leicester; 3½ miles E by N of Kibworth r. station. Post town, Kibworth-Harcourt, under Leicester. Acres, 1,190. Real property, £2,272. Pop., 102. Houses, 21. The manor gives the title of Baron to the Earl of Cardigan. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £230. Patron, the Earl of Cardigan. The church is early English. Bishop de Wyville, who died in 1375, was a native."
[John Marius WILSON's "Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales," (1870-72)]