Description in 1877:
"LANGTON-THORPE, a township in Church-Langton parish, Leicester; 3½ miles N by E of Market-Harborough. It has a post-office under Market-Harborough. Real property, £1,947. Pop., 120. Houses, 36. A church is here, as a chapel to Church-Langton; is a small old edifice, comprising nave, aisles, chancel, and S porch, with pinnacled-tower and octagonal spire; and was about to be restored in 1864, at a cost of £1,000."
[John Marius WILSON's "Imperial Gazetteer of England and Walesn," 1870-72]