GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Apley

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2363
1871 R.G. 10 / 3375
1891 R.G. 12 / 2596
Return to top of page

Church History

St. Andrew Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Apley is both a parish and a village about ten miles east of Lincoln and two and a half miles southwest of Wragby. Langton by Wragby parish lies to the east, Goltho parish to the north and Stainfield parish to the south. The parish covered about 1,660 acres in 1842, including 300 acres of woodland. The parish includes the hamlets of Hop Lane and Kingthorpe (one mile east of Apley village).

The parish is just south of the A158 trunk road as it passes between Lincoln and Horncastle, and west of the B1202 road. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 121
1831 152
1841 162
1851 192
1871 231
1881 189
1891 167
1911 149
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 16-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]