GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Aubourn

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 614
1851 H.O. 107 / 2104
1861 R.G. 9 / 2354
1871 R.G. 10 / 3365
1891 R.G. 12 / 2587
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Aubourn (sometimes "Auborn") is both an ancient village and parish. The parish is on the south side of the River Witham as it makes its way north and east to Lincoln. Several small streams flow northward into the Witham here, including the River Brant. The parish lies about 7 miles SSW of the city of Lincoln. The parish includes the hamlet of Marlborough which is one mile south of the village of Aubourn. The parish covers about 2,110 acres if you count the portion of Haddington parish that was ceeded to it for ecclesiastical purposes.

The small village of Aubourn lies at the junction of three roads and is just south of the A46 trunk road and west of the A15 trunk road. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Year  Person
1842 -- Not listed by name --
1868 -- Not listed by name --
1872 John HOUGHTON, baker & vict.
1882 -- Not listed by name --
1900 John LONGMATE junr., blacksmith
1913 Mrs. Cordilia LONGMATE
1930 W. THORNDIKE
Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 272
1811 309
1831 356
1841 374
1851 365
1871 246
1881 213
1891 201
1901 178
1911 196
1921 212
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 13-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]