GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Belleau

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2111
1861 R.G. 9 / 2379
1871 R.G. 10 / 3398
1891 R.G. 12 / 2606
Return to top of page

Church History

St. John the Baptist Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

This small village and parish is in the vale of the Eau rivulet, to which it contributes a small stream. It lies 4 miles northwest of Alford, nine miles north of Spilsby and eight miles southeast of Louth. The parish only covers about 700 acres.

Claythorpe is a hamlet and chapelry in Belleau parish. Although often called a parish, Claythorpe does not appear to have ever had a church of its own, or the church fell out of use in early Norman times. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

John FIRTH has a photograph of the Belleau War Memorial in the church on Geo-graph, taken in 2010.

Return to top of page

Military Records

For a photograph of the Belleau War Memorial and the names on the monument, see the Roll of Honour site.

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Belleau  Claythorpe
1801 113 54
1831 107 61
1871 95 93
1881 154 89
1891 155 ?
1911 60 ?
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 28-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]