Bicker is both a village and parish less than 2 miles northeast of Donington parish on the A52 trunk road as it heads up to Boston. The parish is just over 100 miles north of London. It is bounded on the north by Swineshead parish. The Hammond Beck forms a western boundary. The area is flat fenland, about 3,770 acres, drained by many small canals.
The name Bicker is from the Old Scandinavian by+kjarr, or "village marsh". In the 1086 Domesday book, the village is given as Bichere. [A. D. Mills, "A Dictionary of English Place-Names," Oxford University Press, 1991]