GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Blankney

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2100
1861 R.G. 9 / 2341
1871 R.G. 10 / 3347
1891 R.G. 12 / 2577
Return to top of page

Church History

Blankney St. Oswald parish church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

This village and parish is ten miles north of Sleaford and ten miles south-east of Lincoln. The parish is a long, narrow structure, one mile wide and 11 miles long, running east to west. The east end of the parish is the River Witham. The parishes of Temple Bruer, Scopwick and Martin lie to the south and Metheringham to the north. Linwood, 3 miles east of the village is a hamlet in the parish, as is Barf or Barff. The parish covers some 6,800 acres of Fen and black moorland.

Modern-day visitors to Blankney often come for the golf. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 410
1831 543
1841 640
1871 568
1881 658
1891 627
1901 579
1911 617
1921 600
1991 262
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 14-February-2014 - Louis R. Mills]