Two brothers fought in the Penninsular War and at Waterloo. Those two were Lieutenant John LUARD of the 16th Light Dragoons, and Captain George LUARD of the 18th Hussars. Both survived the war. They are memorialized in a stained glass window in the church.
A yew tree in the churchyard, over 200 years old, is a memorial to "all who gave their lives for this country and freedom."
The Royal Flying Corps laid out an airfield here in October, 1916.
The airfield closed in February, 1918.
Richard CROFT has a photograph of the churchyard War Memorial on Geo-graph, taken in 2012.
Tony HIBBERD has a photograph of the STRAWSON Memorial on Geo-graph, taken in June, 2013.