GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Brant Broughton

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 615
1851 H.O. 107 / 2136
1861 R.G. 9 / 2477
1891 R.G. 12 / 2712
Return to top of page

Church History

Brant Broughton St. Helen parish church

Brant Broughton St. Helen church -  side view

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Brant Broughton, not to be confused with Broughton by Brigg, is a parish and village about 8 miles east of Newark on Trent and 12 miles south of Lincoln. To the north lies Carlton le Moorland parish, to the south is Stragglethorpe and to the west are Stapleford and Beckingham parishes. The parish covers about 2,990 acres. The farms called Broughton Clays, two miles west of the village, are part of the parish.

The River Brant flows northward on the east side of the village. If you are planning a visit:

Brant village sign - Brant village sign closeup

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

History

Year  Person
1842 Wm. ATKIN, vict.
1872 Thomas GOODMAN, tailor
1882 James Henry PORTER, vict.
1900 Samuel HALL
1913 W. DAVIS
1930 Geo. PEARCE, propr.
Year  Person
1842 Wm. HALLIS, vict.
1872 Thomas SMITHSON, vict.
1882 Elisha ROCKLEY, vict.
1900 William DOWSING
1913 William DOWSING
1930 Charles T, BIGGIN
Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 567
1841 650
1871 685
1881 679
1891 657
1911 531
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 22-November-2013 - Louis R. Mills]