GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Burgh le Marsh

Archives & Libraries

There is a branch of the Lincolnshire Library on the High Street.

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1871 R.G. 10 / 3393B
1891 R.G. 12 / 2604
Return to top of page

Church History

Burgh le Marsh Church

Burgh le Marsh Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Burgh le Marsh is both a village and a parish that lies near the Orby Marsh about 8 miles east of Spilsby and 5 miles west of Skegness on the A158 trunk road. Croft parish lies to the south, Orby to the north, and Winthorpe parish to the east. The parish contains 4,231 acres of land.

The village itself sits on a small rise above the marshland. Once a Roman settlement, Burge le Marsh has been a thriving Market Town since the 16th century. Time has caught up and the town now has it's own web site. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military Records

For a photograph of the Burgh le Marsh War Memorial and the names on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 716
1831 906
1871 1,236
1881 1,136
1891 969
1911 937
1991 2,001
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 8-May-2012 - Louis R. Mills]