GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Cadney (Cadney with Housham)

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 630
1851 H.O. 107 / 2116
1861 R.G. 9 / 2398
1871 R.G. 10 / 3428
1891 R.G. 12 / 2625
Return to top of page

Church History

Cadney All Saints parish church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Cadney (with Housham) is both a village and a parish in the north of Lincolnshire, just east of the River Ancholme. The parish lies about 160 miles north of London and two miles south of Brigg. The parish is part of the low cars (see our Geographic Names page) or marshes and covers about 5,000 acres.

The village of Cadney is about three miles east of the old Roman road, Ermine Street, now the A15 trunk road, near Hibaldstow. Howsham (also spelt "Housham") is a hamlet and a township in the parish, about a mile east of Cadney. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 236
1831 334
1871 515
1891 428
1911 452
2001 429
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 18-January-2013 - Louis R. Mills]