The Anglican parish church was dedicated to Saint Faith.
St. Faith Church fell into ruin and was disused by 1450.
St. Faith church was demolished and no traces of it remained by 1842.
The parish was amalgamated eclessiastically along with Cadeby (North and South) as it had no church of its own. The inhabitants of the parish used Kelstern and Gayton-le-Wold churches for the most part.
Calcethorpe is a small parish approximately 8 Km or 5 miles west of Louth, just south of the A631 road between Louth and Market Rasen. Kelstern parish is to the north and Welton le Wold parish to the east. The parish covered about 1,090 acres.
There is little left of a central village, just some houses along the road. If you are planning a visit:
The upper Bain chalk river rises from a spring near Calcethorpe and runs south to Horncastle. Most of the villagers lived along or near the river.
The ancient village of Calcethorpe was virtually abandoned around 1660, about two hundred years after the nearby village of South Cadeby had been abandoned. Both existed in Saxon times and are recorded in the 1086 Domesday Book.
Both ancient village sites are being preserved as "Deserted Medieval Villages".
The name Calcethorpe is from a combination of Old English and Old Scandinavian caegel+thorpe, for "farmstead or hamlet of a man named Caegel". In the 1086 Domesday Book it first appears as Cheilestorp. ["A Dictionary of English Place-Names," A. D. Mills, Oxford University Press, 1991]