Careby is both a village and parish which lies just east of the A1 trunk road, south of Little Bytham and just north of Stamford. The West Glen River passes down the west edge of the parish. The parish covers about 1,450 acres.
If you are planning a visit:
- Tim HEATON has a photograph of Careby's main road on Geo-graph, taken in July, 2006.
- There is still an active rail line through Careby, but the web-page author does not know if there is passenger service.
- See our touring page for visitor services.
You can see pictures of Careby which are provided by:
- The national grid reference is TF 0316.
- You'll want an Ordnance Survey Explorer map, which has a scale of 2.5 inches to the mile.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF025165 (Lat/Lon: 52.736428, -0.48333), Careby which are provided by: