The Lincolnshire FHS has published several marriage indexes and a burial index for the Holland West Deanery to make your search easier.
The Wesleyan Methodists and the Primitive Methodists both had chapels here. The Primitive Methodists erected their chapel in 1852. For information and assistance in researching these chapels, see our non-conformist religions page.
There is a photograph of the Methodist Chapel on the Wendy PARKINSON web site under "Yet More Lincolnshire".
Chapel Hill is a hamlet in the parish of Swineshead, which is about 11 miles to the south. The hamlet sits on the west bank of the River Witham, in the fen allotment of Swineshead parish. The hamlet is only one mile south of Dogdyke, 3 miles south of Tattershall, and 10 miles northwest of Boston.
This parish is in the middle of an area known as "The Holland Fen." For centuries this had been a low, swampy area dotted with a few small hills. An act of Parliament in 1767 allowed for the area to be drained and developed into pastures and rich farmland. The North and South Forty Foot Drains run through the fenland and empty into the small rivers that travel east to The Wash.
The parish is named after an ancient chapel which stood in Dogdyke township as the local chapel of ease (which later became a farm house). The River Witham formerly divided the parishes, but around 1820 the course of the river was changed. The citizens erected their own chapel of ease by subscription.