GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Claypole

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2482
1871 R.G. 10 / 3545
1891 R.G. 12 / 2716
Return to top of page

Church History

Claypole St. Peter parish church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

This village and parish lies just east of the A1 motorway as it heads north from Grantham to Newark. The River Witham flows northward along the west side of the parish. The county of Nottingham forms the western and northern border of the parish, with Fenton and Stubton parishes to the east and Dry Doddington to the south. The parish covers about 3,000 acres.

The village of Claypole is only five miles south-east of Newark-on-Trent and about 20 miles south-west of the city of Lincoln. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military Records

For a photograph of the Claypole War Memorial Plaques and the names on them, see the Roll of Honour site.

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 486
1841 562
1871 783
1881 678
1891 593
1901 542
1911 494
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 24-November-2013 - Louis R. Mills]