Copping Syke is a parish which is on the east bank of the River Witham, 8.5 miles north-west of Boston. The parish is just over 100 miles north of London. The area is flat fenland, only just 475 acres, drained by many small canals.
The parish was formed by Local Government Order No. 48,320 on 1 April 1906. It reconstituted all of the civil parishes of Great Beats, Little Beats and Seven Acres, as well as portions of Frampton and Wyberton parishes. Originally, it was assigned as part of the South Lindsey Division of the county, parts of Holland.
The parish is in the ancient Kirton Wapentake in the East Lindsey division in the parts of Lindsey.
In 1935, the parish was abolished to enlarge Wildmore parish.