Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
East Elloe Deanery
The name "Elloe" may be the source of the term "Yellow Belly" which is applied to anyone born in Lincolnshire. In the 19th century, the East Elloe Deanery consisted of the following parishes in the southwest corner of the county:
The Lincolnshire Family History Society has published these indexes for this Deanery:
- Marriage Index, East & West Elloe Deaneries, 1600 - 1699, four fiche.
- Marriage Index, East Elloe Deanery, 1700 - 1753, three fiche.
- Marriage Index, East Elloe Deanery, 1754 - 1812, fiche, two volumes, on diskette also).
- Marriage Index, East Elloe Deanery, 1813 - 1837, two fiche.
- Marriage Index, East Elloe Deanery, 1700 - 1837, on CD-ROM.
- Marriage Bonds, East Elloe Deanery, 1628 - 1837, on CD-ROM.
- Burial Index, East Elloe Deanery, 1813 - 1900, four fiche.
To purchase these indexes, go to the Family History Bookstore. Indexes may be purchased by Credit Card.
For a current church and parish listing, see the Anglican Church, Lincolnshire and click on Parishes.