We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Grimsby and Cleethorpes Deanery
This was the smallest deanery in terms of number of parishes, although Grimsby was a major port for many centuries, with several churches in the town. In the 19th century, the Grimsby & Cleethorpes Deanery consisted of the following parishes:
The Lincolnshire Family History Society has published these indexes for this Deanery:
- Great Grimsby area, Marriage Index (mainly nonconformist), 1844 - 1896 on microfiche.
- Grimsby & Cleethorpes Deanery, Marriage Index, 1700 - 1753 on microfiche.
- Grimsby & Cleethorpes Deanery, Marriage Index, 1754 - 1812 on microfiche or diskette.
- Haverstoe, Grimsby & Cleethorpes Deaneries, Marriage Index, 1813 - 1837 on microfiche.
- Grimsby & Cleethorpes Deanery, Burial Index, 1813 - 1900 on microfiche.
To purchase these indexes, go to the Family History Bookstore. Indexes may be purchased by Credit Card.
For a current church and parish listing, see the Anglican Church, Lincolnshire and click on Parishes.