The name appears to derive from the Old English for "lark". In the 19th century, the Lawres Deanery, just north of the City of Lincoln, consisted of the following parishes:
The Lincolnshire Family History Society has published these indexes for this Deanery:
To purchase these indexes, go to the Family History Bookstore. Indexes may be purchased by Credit Card.
The name of the deanery is given in some old records as Lawreso. This deanery was split into East and West Lawres deaneries about 1900 due to the population growth of the city of Lincoln and its surroundings.
For a current church and parish listing, see the Anglican Church, Lincolnshire and click on Parishes.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.
Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.