This village and parish lie just west of Lincoln in Lincolnshire, just south of the Fossdyke Canal. Skellingthorpe parish is to the north-east and Thorpe on the Hill parish is to the south. The parish is bounded on the west by Nottinghamshire. The parish covers about 2,500 acres.
The village of Doddington is just outside the suburbs of the city of Lincoln. Whisby is a hamlet in the parish. If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, take the B1190 arterial road between North Hykeham and the Fossdyke Canal west off of the A46 trunk road.
- There are camping facilities just south-west of the village.
- Check our Touring page for additional resources.
You can see pictures of Doddington which are provided by:
- The national grid reference is SK 9070. The grid reference for Whisby is SK 9067.
- You'll want an Ordnance Survey "Explorer 272" map, which has 2.5 inches to the mile scale.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK900700 (Lat/Lon: 53.21944, -0.653544), Doddington which are provided by: