GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

East and West Firsby

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2364
1871 R.G. 10 / 3376
1891 R.G. 12 / 2596
Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

East and West Firsby are a village and a parish north of the city of Lincoln. Saxby parish lies to the west and Spridlington parish to the south. Market Rasen is 9 miles to the east.

East Firsby is both a township and a parish, covering about 544 acres. West Firsby is a lordship and a parish, covering about 682 acres. West Firsby was principally one large farm, owned and operated by the SWAM family during the late 1800's and early 1900's. West Firsby is considered the "oldest" of the two villages. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  East
Firsby
 West
Firsby
1801 52
1841 87
1871 40 55
1881 33 41
1891 18 47
1911 31 51
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 18-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]