GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

East Keal

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2374 & 2375
1871 R.G. 10 / 3391 & 3392
1891 R.G. 12 / 2603
Return to top of page

Church History

St. Helen parish church

Saint Helen's Church

Saint Helen's Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

East Keal is a parish southwest of Spilsby and southeast of Horncastle. West Keal parish lies to the west and Stickford to the south.

The village is often called just "Keal" and lies just 2 miles southwest of Spilsby. The hamlet of Keal Cotes lies partly in this parish. The parish covered about 1,860 acres in 1871, but increased to 1,934 acres by 1891. If you are considering a visit to the parish:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 268
1831 357
1871 424
1881 395
1891 350
1901 319
1911 296
1921 298
1931 280
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 27-August-2012 - Louis R. Mills]