East Kirkby is a village and a parish about 6 miles south-west of Spilsby and 8 miles south-east of Horncastle. The parish covers about 2,050 acres.
The Catchwater Drain passes near the village and used to be navigable all the way to Boston. If you are planning a visit:
- By automobile, take the A16 Trunk Road south out of Spilsby and head for Boston. When you reach Keal, the A155 arterial splits off and takes you west (right) toward East Kirkby (about 2 miles from the junction).
- East Kirkby is the home of the Avro Lancaster MkVII NX611 named "Just Jane". Look for the Lincs Aviation Heritage Centre.
- Check out our touring page.
- You'll know when you are there when you pass these signs, provided by Patricia McRORY.
You can see pictures of East Kirkby which are provided by:
You can see the
administrative areas in which East Kirkby has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See our Maps page for additional resources.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF330620 (Lat/Lon: 53.138562, -0.013221), East Kirkby which are provided by: