This parish and small village lies 122 miles north of London, 4 miles south-east from Spilsby, 4 miles north-west from Burgh and 8 miles from Skegness. A small stream runs through the parish.
The village lies along the northern side of the Steeping River. For information on visiting:
Railway service to the village, which started in 1848, closed in 1970. Passenger service had already been suspended in 1939, although many RAF and USAF personnel passed through Firsby on their way to airfields during World War II.
This place was an ancient parish in county Lincoln and became a modern Civil Parish when those were established.
The parish was in the ancient Wold division of the Candleshoe Wapentake in the East Lindsey division of the county, in the parts of Lindsey.
In March, 1888, this parish was reduced in size slightly to enlarge Irby in the Marsh Civil Parish.
White's 1900 Directory of Lincolnshire places the parish, perhaps erroneously, in the South Lindsey division of the county.
Firsby is governed by the "Firsby Group Parish Council" which includes Bratoft, Great Steeping, Little Steeping and Irby in the Marsh parishes. You may contact them regarding civil or political issues, but they are NOT staffed to assist with family history searches.