The Anglican church parish registers exist from 1586, although Bishop's transcripts go back to 1561.
Marriage and Burial registers have been indexed for the Louthesk Deanery by the LFHS.
Copies of the parish registers are held at the Lincolnshire Archives and cover baptisms 1586 - 1992, burials 1586 - 1890, and marriages 1586 - 1990, as well as the Bishop's transcripts covering 1561 - 1846.
Fulstow parish is covered in the National Burial Index (NBI) for the years 1814 - 1890.
David HITCHBORNE has a photograph of the Methodist chapel built in 1836, on the Geo-graph website, taken in 2004.
Fulstow had chapels for the Wesleyan Methodists, the Primitive Methodists and the Wesleyan Reformers. For information and assistance in researching these chapels, see our non-conformist religions page.
Fulstow is both a village and parish in the north of Lincolnshire. The parish lies 8 miles north of Louth and 10 miles south of Grimsby. The parish of Ludborough lies to the west, Marshchapel parish to the east, just across the Louth Navigation Canal. The large Covenham Resevoir lies to the south-east. The parish covers just over 2,800 acres.
The village sits just east of the A16 trunk road and is best reached by turning east off the A16 at Ludborough.
The name Fulstow is from the Old English Fugol+stow, for "holy place or meeting place of a man called Fugol". In the 1086 Domesday Book it first appears as Fugelestou and in other sources as Fugelstow. ["A Dictionary of English Place-Names," A. D. Mills, Oxford University Press, 1991]
You may hear locals pronounce the name like "Full-sta".