GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Glentham

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2115
1861 R.G. 9 / 2394
1871 R.G. 10 / 3424
1881 R.G. 11 / 3281
1891 R.G. 12 / 2623
Return to top of page

Church History

St. Peter and St. Paul Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Glentham is both a village and parish 7.5 miles west of Market Rasen and 2.5 miles east of where Ermine Street (now the A15 trunk road) crosses the new A631 running east from Gainsborough. The parish covers over 2,200 acres and includes part of Bishop-Bridge on the village's side of the River Ancholme.

Glentham village is split by the A631, so it is easy to find. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Year  Person
1842 George SPARROW
1872 Richd. CLOUGH, corn mert.
1882 H. E. G. FEATHERBY, vict.
1900 Hewitt Edwd. G. FEATHERBY
1913 George Mardy MASSAM
1930 Tom BACKHOUSE
Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

Inside the church, on the north wall, are two marble plaques and a Roll of Honour. To see them and the names on them, see the Roll of Honour site.

David HITCHBORNE also has a photograph of the Roll of Honour in the church taken 14 June, 2004.

Captain Sir Montague Aubrey Rowley CHOLMELEY of this parish was killed in 1914.

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 258
1831 399
1841 477
1851 536
1871 424
1881 410
1891 369
1901 376
1911 351
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 18-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]