GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Glentworth

Census

 Census
Year
 Piece Numbers
1861 R.G. 9 / 2410
1871 R.G. 10 / 3448
1891 R.G. 12 / 2636
Return to top of page

Church History

St. Michael's Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Glentworth is both a parish and a village about nine miles east of Gainsborough, eleven miles north of the city of Lincoln and just over 150 miles north of London. The parish itself is bordered on the north by Harpswell parish, on the east by the old Roman Road "Ermine Street", and to the south by Fillingham parish. The parish covers about 3,100 acres.

Glentworth village is in a small valley or dale. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

In the churchyard stands the War Memorial.

Richard CROFT provides his photograph of the War Memorial on Geo-graph, taken in 2008.

Return to top of page

Military Records

For a photograph of the Glentworth War Memorial and the list of names on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 193
1831 298
1851 316
1861 340
1871 300
1881 368
1891 316
1911 278
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 18-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]