GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Goltho (Goltho cum Bullington)

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2363
1871 R.G. 10 / 3375
1891 R.G. 12 / 2596
Return to top of page

Church History

St. George Church

St. George Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Goltho is a parish about 10 miles northeast of Lincoln and 2 miles southwest of Wragby. Wragby parish lies to the east, Rand parish to the north and Apley parish to the south. It is described in White's 1842 Lincolnshire Directory as "a parish of scattered farms." The parish covered about 1,360 acres in 1842. Ecclesiastically, the parish was united with Bullington to form one tithe-free parish in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Lincoln. Together, the two parishes covered about 2,540 acres.

The parish is skirted on the north side by the A158 trunk road as it passes between Lincoln and Horncastle. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military Records

There is no war memorial at Goltho, but in the churchyard there is a single gravestone for a WWI casualty. To see it and the name on it, see the Roll of Honour site.

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

    Year  Inhabitants
1801 137
1821 140
1831 143
1841 159
1851 159
1871 157
1881 106
1891 113
1911 105
1991 64
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 18-January-2014 - Louis R. Mills]