GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Harlaxton

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2102
1861 R.G. 9 / 2349
1871 R.G. 10 / 3357
1891 R.G. 12 / 2583
Return to top of page
Top

Church History

St. Mary and St. Peter's Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Harlaxton is both a village and a parish. The parish is about 108 miles north of London and lies about three miles southwest of Grantham on the old Melton Mowbray road (now the A607). The parish itself is bounded on the north by Barrowby and Grantham parishes, to the west by Denton, on the south by Stroxton. The parish covers about 2,700 acres.

The village of Harlaxton is about a half mile south of the Grantham and Nottingham Canal, once a vital part of village commerce. A bridge now crosses the canal to connect Harlaxton to Barrowby. If you are planning a visit:

Return to top of page

History

Year  Person
1842 -- Not listed --
1872 Andrew SCOTT, farmer &emp; victualler
1882 William TOWERS, coal merchant and victualler
1900 Frank BURTON, farmer
1913 Herbert CHIPPS
1930 Herbert CHIPPS
Return to top of page

Land and Property

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Names, Personal

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 297
1841 428
1851 494
1861 488
1871 441
1891 396
1911 401
1991 757
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 6-June-2014 - Louis R. Mills]