GENUKI Home page
Lincolnshire Lincolnshire
county page
    Contents Contents     Parish Index Lincolnshire
Towns & Parishes
Neighbours Nearby Places

Helpringham

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 619
1851 H.O. 107 / 2101
1861 R.G. 9 / 2346
1871 R.G. 10 / 3353
1881 R.G. 11 / 3326
1891 R.G. 12 / 2581
Return to top of page

Church History

St. Andrew's Church

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

Helpringham is a parish with a village of the same name. The parish is on the road between Spalding and Sleaford, about 5 miles southeast of Sleaford. Swaton parish lies to the south and Little Hale parish to the north. The parish covers almost 3,100 acres. A portion of the parish is Fenland, but that is now drained and fertile.

A book called "Lincolnshire Railway Stations" by Eric Croft (ISBN 0-946225-77-0) shows a picture of Helpringham station in 1907. At that time, the Great East and Great Northern railways ran trains by the village.

The village lies between the A17 and A52 trunk roads about six miles southeast of Sleaford. The Car Dyke passes just to the east of the village. Thorpe Latimer is a hamlet in the parish, about a mile south of Helpringham village. If you are planning a visit:

Helpringham village

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Governance

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Population

     Year  Inhabitants
1801 518
1831 750
1841 764
1851 829
1861 912
1871 911
1881 941
1891 758
1901 767
1911 732
1921 733
Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page

Find help, report problems, or contribute information.

[Last updated: 15-October-2012 - Louis R. Mills]